Thursday, November 24, 2011

Writing (About) Poetry

Now that the funding applications are in, thoughts of actually taking this project on lie heavy with me. I am in the midst of three manuscripts of poems and one novel in progress, which, I have reason to believe, will find homes when I finish them. But then this idea of writing ABOUT poetry comes up, and I write these grant applications. At least I've made one mistake in the NEH application, and accidentally listed another funding agency in the line "Without a ____ award, I simply will not be able to pursue this project." This may very well turn out to be the case, though, if life continues at its current challenging pace, it will. At least the fire still burns for answering the question, Why do so many people need poetry in their lives?

No comments:

Post a Comment